1. Never use your birth date, car license plate, home or mobile phone as a password. In literature, its called Social Engineering Attack. It is the process of seizing passwords from ones information without using any scientific method. Many users put their landline phone number on their modem, the phone number on the branch or billboard of the shop is read and entered directly into the wireless network. Oh, dont say what happens if they enter my Wireless unlimited. You are directly responsible for using your wireless network for any hacking attempt or for statements made on the internet on behalf of an illegal organization.
2. Dont use the password you use especially for e-mail elsewhere. For example, facebook and twitter accounts usually have the same password as e-mail. You will say, what do we do, is it easy to remember that password? Develop a method of your own. For example, at least you get Fb at the beginning of the password when you log in Facebook, Em at the beginning of the e-mail, To at the end of the login to Twitter.
3. In case you have a keylogger (spyware that captures keyboard movements) on your computer, always use a virtual keyboard. It is like the entry into the banking system. If they system doesnt have a virtual keyboard, the on-screen keyboard in Windows can be opened in the following way. Windows Start Accessories Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard. You cant prevent malicious programs such as keyloggers from entering your computer. It can come from many places like Flash memory etc. Use licensed antivirus against this.
4. Dont give consecutive numbers when giving a password. Be sure to use at least one small, one capital letter, number, sign ($, #, +, ., %,&,?,=) when assigning your password. Passwords must be at least 8 characters, shorter passwords for example 2-3 characters are very ease to detect. You can read SplashData about the most used passwords at the link below.
5. Dont write down your password, because you can forget your passwords, you take risks when people you dont want see your password. So what shall we do? Lets say you have 4 credit card and you will give them different passwords, how do you remember them? It is easy. The cars is always 12-16 digits long, the first two digits of this number, the last two digits or 4 digits of your choice as a password can be used. Use the same method on all cards, passwords will be different.
Your credit card information is sufficient for shopping on the internet, there is no need to have a credit card. CV2 number, expiration date and credit card number will work. Never send your credit card to a waiter, dont give your credit card to the employee at gas station and ask them to withdraw money. Go to the POS machine yourself, the malicious person can photograph your credit card on the way. Always check your credit card spending from the ATM, ask the bank for spendings you dont understand.
6. It is very easy to listen to a wireless network and listen to e-mails and messages sent. Dont send your credit card information etc. via a messaging program or e-mail by typing. Its even safer to send SMS. Dont forget to delete the SMS immediately after sending it. In the meantime, be careful if you store your passwords inside your mobile phone, you will risk it if you forget your mobile phone somewhere.
7. D0cuments containing a companys top secret information or government-owned security information shouldnt be kept in folders unencrypted. Invisible folders and invisible drives in Windows can be created with various programs. When formatting the computer, dont forget to save these folders and drives.
8. Dont rely on Windows login passwords, Windows 7-8 first login passwords can be easily cracked. If you have to use Windows, encrypt on a folder-by-Drive basis. You can lock the screen with the lock computer option on the screen with the lock computer option on the screen after the CTRL + ALT + DEL key combination to prevent someone doesnt mess with your computer when you go to lunch break or sink t work.
9. Never leave your devices passwords in factory settings. For example, cameras, modems come with a factory password, always change it. Otherwise, others watch your home or workplace that you watch online and others use your modem.
10. If you are programmer, dont save users passwords directly to the databases. Save it by passing message extract algorithms such as MD6, SHA1. Thus, even if the database is compromised, user passwords cant be learned in any way. Other fields may also need to be encrypted in a table other than the password. For these, use encryption algorithms such as AES, RC6.