Release name: FiFA.11.PAL.Wii-GLoBAL
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: EA Canada
Release Date: 27.09.2010
FIFA Soccer 11 is the 18th game overall in Electronic Arts' popular video game soccer series. Continuing with the franchise's unique blend of realism and innovative features that bring the authenticity to the video game pitch that fans crave, FIFA Soccer 11 is an exciting must-have title for both longtime and existing fans of console sports gaming. Game features built into this special Wii edition include: full 11-on-11 games, Wii exclusive 5-on-5 gameplay in a street environment, in-game power-ups, a new ultra responsive trick system, exotic play ********s and more.
A Reinvention of the Game
FIFA Soccer 11 reinvents soccer on the Wii gaming platform at every position on the pitch with a number of innovative gameplay features. First and foremost players can expect variety in their play options. These include full 11-on-11 matches within a variety of pitch ********s; Wii exclusive 5-on-5 match functionality set in city streets ********s that feature environments designed to challenge players; 2-on-2 co-op functionality that allows teams to compete for online glory and a spot at the top of the leaderboards; and a tournament mode that allows you to play with or against friends.
FIFA Soccer 11 also allows Wii players to develop their game on their own via a variety of features. Prominent among these is an all-new trick system which pits the player against a defender, allowing you to hone you skill at unleashing flicks, 360 degree spins, scorpion kicks and more. Once mastered, these moves can be put into play against live opponents. In addition, while in-game players have the option to take advantage of power-ups strewn throughout the game that can take their game to the next level in seconds. Additional features include, 500 licensed teams, user controlled celebrations and the ability to make managerial decisions on behalf of your team.
* Hit The Pitch - Play a traditional 11 versus 11 soccer match, choosing from over 500 licensed teams from over 30 leagues, and featuring licensed kits and authentic stadiums.
* Hit The Streets - Decked out in street wear, compete in 5 versus 5 street matches. Customize the rules of each match for a true test of skill. Plus, a variety of different types of goals - including elevated and mini nets?take challenges to a different level.
* New Trick System - Ultra-responsive controls and an easy-to-use trick system give you instant control over your idols. The all-new attacker vs. defender trick system creates head-to-head battles as you move up the pitch; perform dozens of elaborate new tricks to throw the defender off-balance such as rainbow flicks, 360 degree spins, scorpion kicks and more. Show you've got the skills to hit the big time.
* Exotic ********s - Challenge your rivals in the hottest locales around the world, everywhere from Brazil to London to the streets of France. The stage is set for victory with a soundtrack that brings the culture of the area to life. Plus, for the first time on Wii, test your game in an indoor setting.
* Wall Play - Use the environment to your advantage. Run up walls to skip past defenders or bank passes to open teammates. Use your angles to deflect shots off the wall and past the keeper for the match-winning goal.
* In-game Street Power-ups - Build up momentum in your power meter and then activate game boosters at key moments in the game. Choose from power blasts, shockwaves, shoulder barges, big versus little and more. Or turn them off to play a more authentic street style.
* User-Controlled Celebrations - Maneuver your player around the pitch to perform celebrations after every goal. Plus, unlock hidden celebrations, too.
* Play With Your Heroes - Every player boasts their own, distinctive style of play with unique abilities to match.
* Tournament Mode - Play in a variety of different offline tournaments to test your skills. Play with your friends, play against them.
* 2v2 Online Play - Play with a friend against two other gamers online. Play together to reach the top of the International Leader board.
* Battle for Glory - Make strategic decisions as the manager of your club. Set a goal and succeed and your team will enjoy performance enhancements; fail and watch your team?s stats decline.