Best Antivirus Software For Windows [2020]

Dolyetyus

Co Admin
21 Nis 2020
Delft
Welcome Turk Hack Team Members, today we'll talk about best free antiviruses today.

Free antiviruses can be risky — some “free antivirus” products are actually malware in disguise designed to steal your private information and damage your computer. Even reputable internet security companies have been caught selling user data with their free antivirus software, so you have to be careful!

That said, there are some free antivirus programs that offer improvement over Windows’s built-in protections — these 5 free downloads each offer free virus protection and a good set of free internet security features for all Windows computers.

Of course, every free antivirus is going to include a few frustrating limitations. That’s why I always recommend investing a couple of bucks per month into premium antivirus software that includes protection against all types of malware — coming with complete internet security features like a VPN, password manager, parental controls, or dark web monitoring (Norton 360 has all of these features, is ranked #1 best antivirus for 2020, and is very affordable).

I tested and ranked each free antivirus for malware detection, ease of use, and additional cybersecurity features. Unfortunately, no free antivirus includes all of the features you need for complete protection, but it’s better to have a good free antivirus than no antivirus at all!

Here’s a summary of best free Windows antiviruses for 2020:

1.🥇 Avira — #1 free antivirus for Windows in 2020.
2.🥈 Panda — Strong antivirus protection with a beginner-friendly interface.
3.🥉 TotalAV — Cloud-based scanner with web protection and system tuneup.
4. Sophos — Good real-time scanning with remote access for 3 PCs.
5. Kaspersky — Free extras like a VPN, dark web monitoring, and a password manager.

Note: One of the top antivirus providers, Norton, recently removed its free package, so I’ve removed it from this list. But Norton really is one of the best internet security providers out there, so if you don’t want to deal with the hassles of a free antivirus, a low-cost premium antivirus like Norton 360 is always a good choice.

How To Rate the Best Free Windows Antivirus Software

Malware detection. I downloaded almost 1,000 malware files onto my test PC, including trojans, spyware, ransomware, rootkits, and keyloggers. I tested disk scans and real-time protections when available, and I only considered antivirus scanners for this list if they were able to detect malware more effectively than Windows Defender.

Additional features
. Some free antiviruses have extra features like password managers, VPNs, and anti-phishing protections. I tested all of these features to find out which ones are an added value, and which ones are too limited, don’t work properly, or aren’t really useful.

Ease of use. Since Windows Defender is always running automatically, a free antivirus has to be very easy to use, both for experienced and non-technical users. All of the products on this list have user-friendly dashboards, intuitive features, and decent customer support.

Genuinely free. Brands usually try to trick you into staying with them by offering a free trial and then making you pay to keep using the product. I checked to make sure that each one of these programs was actually free and not just offering a “free trial”.

Top Brands That Didn’t Make the Cut:

I’ve spent a long time compiling and revising this list to guarantee that I’m offering you a high-quality resource. You may be surprised to see that some of the top antivirus brands didn’t make the top 5. Here are a few of them:

Avast/AVG. While Avast — and their subsidiary antivirus company AVG — continue to offer a widely used free antivirus software, the recent controversy over their privacy violations means that we won’t be recommending them on SafetyDetectives anymore. You can read more about our decision here.

Bitdefender. Bitdefender is one of my favorite antiviruses of 2020. It has an excellent cloud-based malware scanner and more additional features than most competitors. Bitdefender does have a free version, but it doesn’t come with as many features as the other products on this list — it only has a malware scanner and anti-phishing protection. But if you’re looking for a high-quality antivirus, Bitdefender Total Security is one of the best and most affordable cybersecurity suites on the market.

Norton. It’s really a shame that Norton doesn’t even have a “free trial” of its Windows antivirus. But like I said earlier, Norton is still one of the best antiviruses in the world for protecting PCs, so if you’re looking for premium protection, Norton is likely the best option.

//Quoted

Son düzenleme:
Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.