The solution for the Turkish character issue in MySQL servers

Solution for Turkish Character Issue in MySQL Server

If you encounter Turkish character issues on your new server purchased from abroad (such as LayerTech or EV1, where the default language is English), you can easily resolve this problem by following the steps below:

The first step is to connect to your server via SSH and log in as root. You can start by using the free and widely available PuTTY program.

Once connected to your server by entering the root username and password provided by your hosting company,
type the following command into the command line:

Code:

Kod:
pico /etc/my.cnf

Insert the following codes into an empty space in the my.cnf file.

Kod:
default-character-set=latin5
default-collation=latin5_turkish_ci
init_connect='SET NAMES latin5'

Then press Ctrl+X. It will ask you if you want to save the changes. Type 'y' or 'yes' and then press the Enter key.

Afterwards, type the following into the command line:

Code:

Kod:
/scripts/restartsrv mysql

Now Turkish characters are displayed without any issues on your new server.

Additional Note
Kod:
default-collation=latin5_turkish_ci

These two should be in my.cnf. Press Ctrl+W to search for what's left of the equal sign. If found, replace it.

default-collation=latin5_swedish_ci

Topic Owner : @CorsaiR

1.png

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.