Disk Management with PreOS Mode by P4RS

Dolyetyus

Özel Üye
21 Nis 2020
Delft
Greetings TurkHackTeam Members. Today I will tell you about "What is PreOS Mode? And PreOS Mode and Disk Management. Let's look at the topics without further ado and start our topic.

THSe2J.png

Parts:

• What is PreOS Mode?
  • Why Should We Use AOMEI Partition Assistant PreOS Mode?
  • What is Disk Partition?
  • What is MBR (Master Boot Record)?
  • What is GPT (GUID Partition Table)?
  • What is FAT32?
  • What is NFTS?
  • What is exFAT?
  • Partitioning Benefits and Disadvantages
  • Partition Assistant PreOS Mode Installation and Usage
  • Disc Partition Operation
  • Defragmentation
  • Partition Recovery
  • Partition Alignment
  • Deleting a Partition
  • Partition Hiding
  • Partition Display
  • Partition Control
  • Moving Free Space
  • Changing Serial Number
  • Changing Driver Letter

What's PreOS Mode?

7Wf7OP.jpg

PreOS Mode, a feature of the AOMEI Partition Assistant application, is a program used for partitioning hard drives. Let's talk about what is a hard drive.

x1BBWJ.png

What's Harddisk(HDD)?

Qd7x4A.jpg

It is the recording device used to store your data. It is generally used in computers.

x1BBWJ.png

Why Should We Use AOMEI Partition Assistant PreOS Mode?

zSx0SS.jpg

As you know, we are formatting the hard disk while formatting. But sometimes we ignore it and save it on a single disk (Usually the C:\ drive.). This will mean that the drive is full, it will increase the time it takes to access your data, and it will give you warnings such as
"Insufficient memory" or "Clean Your Disk"
every second so it is hard not to be nervous. If you buy a new hard drive to increase the storage capacity of your computer, you may need to partition the disk.

GaPzxy.jpg

x1BBWJ.png

What's Partation?

82R15f.jpg

Through the disk partition, you can create drives on your hard disks (HDD) or SDDs. This means creating one hard disk (HDD) or several virtual disks on your SDD. To give an example, let's wish you have a 2TB HDD and it will only be the C:\ drive. You also want to open the D:\ (or whatever letter you give) drive. You can allocate 1TB-1TB by making a disk partition (How many GB you want to allocate is up to you, but I said so for an example.). While partitioning, we will encounter some definitions. Let me explain what these mean and what they are.

x1BBWJ.png

What's Master Boot Record?

afOf8N.jpg

MBR is used to manage partitions. Maximum 4 partitions can be created on MBR disks. If you want extra parts, you can set part 4 as expandable. With this, you can create more parts under the fourth part. But you can set MBR to 2TB at most. It does not support more.

x1BBWJ.png

What's GPT(GUID Partition Table)?

2G0aMK.jpg

GPT, disks are better than MBR. They are both updated and can support more than 2TB of space. It is more advantageous than MBR with its unlimited partition creation feature. GPT systems are also easier to recover other GPT disks and storage GPT when the main disk is damaged.
If we come to the operating system support of these two

OS Support

Macs use GPT as standard. Many Linux systems provide GPT support. In Windows, computers with 64-bit Windows 8 use GPT by default. Windows 7 and earlier use MBR by default.
Well, you will say that you explained them well, but how do I know if my disk is GPT or MBR.

Let me explain this;

First of all, press the Windows key, press the letter "R" and type
Kod:
diskmgmt.msc
into the "run" application that opens and say "OK".

aePV4J.jpg

If you want to find out which disk is GPT or MBR in the "Disk Management" window that opens, click once on that disk.

Right click where I show it to the bottom left and say "properties".

fd62BP.jpg

In the window that opens, we click on the "Units" option.

BB9a6J.jpg

Where I marked it's written GPT. So my disk is GPT. This is how you can find out if your disk is GPT or MBR.

VWaIPH.jpg

What's FAT32?

It hit the field with Windows 95. FAT32 can manage files smaller than 4 GB and at the same time it can manage disks up to 8 TB. FAT32, Windows, Mac, Linux and consoles are also supported. It is also widely used in USB sticks. However, it is not advanced on write permissions and security layers.

What's NFTS?
There is no memory limit. It is supported by all Windows operating systems. It has file permissions, easy editing of error codes, backup and encryption features. Ideal for internal drives.

What's exFAT ?

It is considered as the advanced version of FAT32. They have a lot of file and size limitations. It is supported on all versions of Windows, modern versions of Mac OS X, but used with additional software on Linux. Ideal for external drives.

x1BBWJ.png

Now let me talk about the benefits and harms of partitioning.;

Benefits

Easy to Restore::

If you format, the drive with system files will be affected, so you can format your files in the other section without any damage.

Operating System

Let's say you want to install more than one operating system and instead of installing Windows and the other operating system of your choice on one disk, if you do partition, you can also install Windows on one drive and one drive.

Storing

You can store your special files on the disk you are partitioning, and make backups when necessary.

Harms;

Technically, there is no harm in partitioning. For some users, doing this is seen as a waste of time as it takes a long time.

x1BBWJ.png

Partition Assistant PreOS Mode Setup And Usage

8UL573.jpg

We download the program from this site. (I will give you the full version at the end of the topic and you can download it from there. Because this one is a free version, some things are limited. You can download the full version from the link I gave below.)

4KKC2T.jpg

From here, we choose the language we want to install.

OdHyLS.jpg

Click "Skip".

HLfSeU.jpg

Click "Next".

bOHNb7.jpg

We accept the contract and click"Next".

MI7aO6.jpg

click "Next" again.

HKVU3x.jpg

We choose where to save and click "Next".

SdO3Ve.jpg

We choose to create the icon on the desktop and click "Next". And click "Finish".

HOW TO USE?

Disk Partition

We enter the application. After entering, an interface welcomes us.

MxzVQM.jpg

We left click once on the disk we want to partition and click on the "Partition Separation" section on the left.

WNeVWK.jpg

It asks us how much space we want to allocate. I chose 70 GB and click "OK".

2O67VK.jpg

We click "Apply" at the top left.

1y3NxR.jpg

We come across such a window. It tells us how long it will take and the computer will restart. We click on the "Run" option.

5PVa1f.jpg

It says it will boot our computer in PreOS mode. Click "Yes".

bQzS6J.jpg

Our computer is rebooting.

K02Gd0.jpg

In AOMEI Partition Assistant PreOS Mode, our computer turns on and it says that we have to wait.

4fG3TC.jpg

Our process is starting. We are waiting for the time he stated at the beginning

5ML269.jpg

And it reboots itself.

414MH0.jpg

When the computer is turned on, we see that the disk is split when we enter My Computer.

x1BBWJ.png

Defragmentation

LRQBxM.jpg[

Click on the "Defragmentation " section on the left.

2z02B1.jpg

We choose which parts to combine. It should write C: (It should write disc wherever your system files are). If you don't write;

fHLW0W.jpg

You will get the warning "Boot or System partition cannot be defragmented into a data partition". So select the disk where your system files are.

KUCTxN.jpg

After choosing we click "OK". And we click on the "Apply" section in the upper left.

RfNb9A.jpg

As you can see it says C.E => C (222.08GB). We click "Run".
It tells us that it will be launched in PreOS mode. We click "yes".

HxxB8N.jpg

It started in preOS mode and tells us to wait.

7Wf7OP.jpg

The process is in progress and will be restarted when the process is finished.

QA6yfx.jpg

After starting, we go into My Computer and you can see the disk defragmented.

OGc4J0.jpg

x1BBWJ.png

Partition Recovery

3c7dLM.jpg

We click on "Partition Recovery" on the left.

PK8JNQ.jpg

The window that opens asks you which disk you want to save the partitions. After selecting it we click "Next".

Oe9NH5.jpg

The window that opens offers us two options; "Quick Scan" and "Full Scan". My suggestion is to do a quick scan first, if what you want is not found, do a full scan as the full scan takes too long.

aSyMGS.jpg

It said that it could not find a partition to recover on my computer, but if your partition is missing, please do this. It will find and list the chapters. Next to these will be boxes. When you tick and click "Next", the episodes will be recovered within 1-2 seconds.

x1BBWJ.png

Partition Alignment

18L590.jpg

We click once on whichever disk we want to align. We click on the "Partition Alignment" option at the bottom left.

TaeB3S.jpg

It will be more useful to choose "Best Option" in the window that opens.

99TQM4.jpg

We click on the "Apply" section at the top left.

78f4MR.jpg

Such a window opens. We click on "Run".

IHNId1.jpg

"Are you sure?" it says, we choose the "Yes" option.

z3CazG.jpg

It did a little action and completed the process, we click "OK" and that's it.

x1BBWJ.png

Deleting Partition

5Jec2M.jpg

We select the partition of the disk we want to delete and click on the "Partition Delete" section on the left.

36MA4e.jpg

I suggest you choose it because the top chic is faster and we click "OK".

G24b65.jpg

We click on "Apply" from the top left.

a6NL5c.jpg

We show the process we will do, we click "Run".

WRL80U.jpg

"Are you sure?" it says. We click "Yes".

OcJMQx.jpg

After a short period of time, our transaction is completed successfully.

x1BBWJ.png

Hiding Partition

32aeLe.jpg

We select whichever disk we want to hide and click on the "Partition Hiding" option on the left.

5RQGy8.jpg

It gives a warning, and we say "OK".

1QLN56.jpg

e0559S.jpg

The process we will do is confronted. We say "Execute".

MBJJaA.jpg

It warned again, we say "Yes".

Qd93xA.jpg

It is successful as a result of a small process.

8CaR2M.jpg

As you can see from here, the disk is entirely hidden.

x1BBWJ.png

Displaying Partition

Now we have hidden the section, how do we view it again? Let me explain;

LSCC6N.jpg

We choose whichever section we hide and click on the "View Partition" section on the left.

JH3V45.jpg

It gives a warning again, so if the name does not change, restart it. Click on "ok".

c9BQPe.jpg

cx3f98.jpg

It tells us what it will do. We click on the "Run" option.

yNz8TS.jpg

It gives warning again. We click on "yes".

SC5KUU.jpg

It did the transaction and ran it successfully.

ybByRN.jpg

As you can see, the partition has become visible again..

x1BBWJ.png

Controlling Partition

IyVS2G.jpg

Select the section you want to control and click on the "Check Partition" section on the left.

TVQzLT.jpg

If you want to do the direct inspection, select the middle one. The top also repairs. We click "ok".

60TKGf.jpg

It shows us the result of the inspection. We finish the process by clicking "OK".

x1BBWJ.png

Moving The Free Space

46AIRL.jpg

We select the disk with an empty space and click the "Move Free Space" section on the left.

7KL9LP.jpg[

It asks us where to move from where. Choose which partition you want to move to. Nevertheless, you cannot move system files to another partition.

a2LSC9.jpg

H3zRQO.jpg

Click "Run" .

G1xU5O.jpg

It says it will switch to PreOS mode. We click on "Yes"

OOPe7f.jpg

It rebooted and started it in PreOS mode

f5QU6Q.jpg

This process takes a little longer. Then it will start automatically.

HRyxRK.jpg

As you can see there is about 17 GB of space left.

TUeS5L.jpg

It moved the free space.

x1BBWJ.png

Changing Serial Number

2zeTT5.jpg

If we want to change the serial number of our disk, we select it and click on the "Change Serial Number" section on the left.

C3V963.jpg

It wants us to write our new serial number.

8U7e3R.jpg

We click on "Apply" at the top left.

MWU9b7.jpg

Click on "Run".

L35JUB.jpg

It warns us. Click "Yes".

z8AVzd.jpg

Our process has been carried out successfully.

x1BBWJ.png

Changing Driver Letter

KRUyT1.jpg

If we want to change the name of our drive, we click on it and click the "Change Drive Letter" section on the left.

dRI8zQ.jpg

We select the letter we want to get and click "OK".

bULK0W.jpg

NIH1M8.jpg

It shows the process and we click "Run".

08Q99A.jpg

Click "Yes".

6Cb8RN.jpg

Our transaction has been completed successfully.

O8BA1N.jpg

As you can see it from here.

Thanks for reading the tutorial to the end, if you are informed, you can use the Thank You button. Take care of you :)

giphy.gif

DOWNLOADING LINKS

https://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html

https://www.indir.vip/aomei-partition-assistant-pro-edition-full.html

Source: https://www.turkhackteam.org/windows/1820435-preos-modu-ile-disk-yonetimi-whitered.html
Translator: Dolyetyus

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.