Finding the l0cation where the photo was taken, with Exif.

Shezzar

Üye
20 Ocak 2019
C#
Introduction

Social media is used almost all over the world. In these social media accounts, people can specify what they think at that moment and share their photos. People can indicate their l0cat1on when they take a photo in a private place on social media and upload it to social media, but they never state their l0cat1on in their special photos, so they are wrong to think these are safe. We have a tool to find l0cat1on of the image. The name of this tool is Exiftool. With this program, we can find general information about photo.

What is Exif?

Before explaining the program, let's find out what Exif is. It shows us basic information about the photo in this file. (name of the camera that shot, date shot, shooting settings, etc.) Exif often works well in photo contests and forensic medicine. This is how we can understand whether the photo is original or not.

How can we access Exif information?

First, we right click on the photo we want to view the Exif information.

After right click, we click on properties.

We will see information about the photo. In the general section, you can see the name of the photo and the date of upload. The security section gives information about the security. The details section provides information about which camera the photo was taken with, how many meters it was taken, etc.

Viewing Exif data as online (On The Website)

If you do not have a computer, you can do this on mobile. However, you can reach less of the Exif data I showed first.
The website name we will use to look at the exif data is:

Kod:
https://exifinfo.org/

It will be easier and more convenient for you to view exif data with this website. However, it will cause us to get less information. Let's try now how much information this website will give us.

We enter the website and such a screen will welcome us.

Whether you want to upload your photo via URL or choose from your files and upload it is up to you. I choose from my files and choose the upload path, let's see what information it will give us.

I wanted to look at the Exif data of the THT logo and in the results I see: file type, filename, which program it was made from and on what date it was made. You can learn the Exif data of a photo without a computer with this method./COLOR]

Finding the l0cat1on where the photo was taken with Exiftool

To run the Exiftool tool, we need to download it first.

You can download the most recent exiftool from this website if you want. You can also download older versions if you want as well.

After downloading our file, let's find that folder and transfer it to the tools section in the D.o.c.u.m.e.n.t.s folder. If there is no tools folder, you can create it.

Kod:
cd D.o.c.u.m.e.n.t.s/tools

Now we need to go to the directory of our Exiftool tool. So we need to write this code:

Kod:
cd Image-ExifTool-11.10/

SxT6MA.md.jpg

At the end where it says "11.10" is the version of exiftool. If you wrote another version, you must write numbers of that version.
Let's look at the files included in Exiftool, for this:

Kod:
 ls -l

SxYN3M.md.jpg

Now let's add the image we want to examine into exiftool.

Kod:
mv ../the name of the image that you want to examine ./

Let's see is it successfully entered or not, the visual exiftool we want to examine.

Kod:
ls

SxYw4x.md.jpg

Now we can review our image. To examine the image:

Kod:
exiftool image name

Sxa1tp.md.jpg

After writing this code, information about the image will come to our screen.

SxHhMH.md.jpg

If we look at this information, the image I want to research is from 2018 and was taken with an iPhone 6.

Now let's enlarge the screen and go down.
SxLXLN.jpg

While I was looking to the screen, an information called gps position came and gave me the coordinates. Now let's see where these coordinates.

SxNFC0.jpg

When I search the coordinates on Google maps, a highway in Germany turns up. So the image we are looking for is an image taken on the highway.

The result

Let's not forget that not every image you research gives you a l0cat1on. If the GPS is on while taking the photo, it is likely to give you a l0cat1on. However, if the GPS is closed it is very unlikely that it will give you the GPS l0cat1on. That's why you should be a little more careful when sharing photos on social media.

Translator: Shezzar
Source: https://www.turkhackteam.org/sosyal...afin-cekildigi-konumu-bulmak.html#post9138531

Moderatör tarafında düzenlendi:
Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.