Historical Timeline of the Computer / EagleWeb

Eagleweb

Kıdemli Üye
8 May 2021
localhost/e8
Hi, I'm Eagleweb,
Although you know that it came out on 1945 Computer Systems Actually ;
It has a much deeper historical background. If we write this history in sentences, it may take very long pages, I will write both Turkish and English for you to read and understand this work in summary today.

This Short Article I will write Article by Article on the bottom in the form of a Timeline, and the Accuracy of the Sources are Open Sources that are Completely Digital data. I will also share the bibliography at the bottom for you to compare the accuracy of these sources.

1- Charles Babbage said one day that he immediately built a "Fart Machine (Difference machine is a mechanical calculator designed for the calculation of polynomial functions (functions). Making a machine that can add and subtract has attracted the attention of scientists for centuries.)" In fact, he had already created the basic computer functions without even realising that he had done this. (By the way, Charles wrote the article "One Day He Said...", which I wrote above as a joke, was purely for joking purposes, he had worked on dozens of topics before that.)

2- 1832, the first working version of the Difference Machine was completed. The following year Ada Lovelace's mother Lady Byron saw the machine and wrote about it in her memoirs.

3- 1837, Charles Babbage began construction of what he called the Analytical Machine, the first mechanical computer design that could be programmed and could calculate logarithms and trigonometry, but the machine was never completed.

4- 1842, Ada Lovelace developed an algorithm to calculate Bernoulli numbers with the Analytical Machine, which is considered to be the first computer programme in history.

5- 1854, George Boole published Boolean algebra, which was named after him.

6- 1890, the punched card system developed by Herman Hollerith was used in the US census.

7- 1911, IBM was founded.

8- 1936, Alan Turing published his article "On Computable Numbers, with an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem", which is considered the beginning of computer science, and introduced the concept of Turing Machine.

9- 1941, the first programmable electro-mechanical computer named Z3 designed by Konrad Zuse was completed in Germany.

10- 1942, the first electronic but non-programmable (single purpose) computer named Atanasoff-Berry was completed.

11- 1944, the Colossus computer, both electronic and partially programmable, was introduced in the UK but not announced to the world until 1970.

12- 1944, Harvard Mark I, a programmable and electro-mechanical computer was completed in the USA.

13- 1945, ENIAC, the first programmable and electronic computer, was completed in the USA.

14- 1946, John von Neumann published his eponymous Neumann architecture.

15- 1947, the transistor was invented.

16- 1949, Assembly programming language was published.

17- 1951, Alan Turing published his article in Mind magazine, which is considered the beginning of the field of artificial intelligence, and introduced the concept of Turing Test.

18- 1957, Fortran programming language was published.

19- 1959, COBOL programming language was published.

20- 1964, Douglas Engelbart invented the computer mouse.

21- 1969, the ARPANET network, considered the ancestor of the Internet, was established.

22- 1972, Dennis Ritchie published the C programming language.

23- 1973, UNIX operating system prepared under the leadership of Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson was announced.

24- 1974, Altair 8800, the first personal computer, was introduced and put on sale.

25- 1975, Microsoft was founded.

26- 1976, Apple was founded.

27- 1989, Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW information sharing system that forms the infrastructure of the Internet.

28- 1995, JavaScript programming language was published.

29- 1998, Google was founded.

Development of Computer in Turkey :

The first computer in Turkey came to the General Directorate of Highways in 1960 in order to make the calculations required in road construction faster. The computer named IBM-650 Data Processing Machine was used for 12 years and was acquired exactly 15 years after the first computer ENIAC, which was electrically operated and had electronic data processing capacity, fitting into an area of 167 m² and weighing 30 tonnes.

The second computer came to Istanbul Technical University's Taşkışla building for academic use. This computer was IBM 1620. After İ.T.Ü, the Middle East Technical University acquired the computer. The fourth computer in Turkey came to the State Planning Organisation.

Bibliography :

Sincerely yours.

rootibo

Kıdemli Üye
13 Mar 2023
Hi, I'm Eagleweb,
Although you know that it came out on 1945 Computer Systems Actually ;
It has a much deeper historical background. If we write this history in sentences, it may take very long pages, I will write both Turkish and English for you to read and understand this work in summary today.

This Short Article I will write Article by Article on the bottom in the form of a Timeline, and the Accuracy of the Sources are Open Sources that are Completely Digital data. I will also share the bibliography at the bottom for you to compare the accuracy of these sources.

1- Charles Babbage said one day that he immediately built a "Fart Machine (Difference machine is a mechanical calculator designed for the calculation of polynomial functions (functions). Making a machine that can add and subtract has attracted the attention of scientists for centuries.)" In fact, he had already created the basic computer functions without even realising that he had done this. (By the way, Charles wrote the article "One Day He Said...", which I wrote above as a joke, was purely for joking purposes, he had worked on dozens of topics before that.)

2- 1832, the first working version of the Difference Machine was completed. The following year Ada Lovelace's mother Lady Byron saw the machine and wrote about it in her memoirs.

3- 1837, Charles Babbage began construction of what he called the Analytical Machine, the first mechanical computer design that could be programmed and could calculate logarithms and trigonometry, but the machine was never completed.

4- 1842, Ada Lovelace developed an algorithm to calculate Bernoulli numbers with the Analytical Machine, which is considered to be the first computer programme in history.

5- 1854, George Boole published Boolean algebra, which was named after him.

6- 1890, the punched card system developed by Herman Hollerith was used in the US census.

7- 1911, IBM was founded.

8- 1936, Alan Turing published his article "On Computable Numbers, with an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem", which is considered the beginning of computer science, and introduced the concept of Turing Machine.

9- 1941, the first programmable electro-mechanical computer named Z3 designed by Konrad Zuse was completed in Germany.

10- 1942, the first electronic but non-programmable (single purpose) computer named Atanasoff-Berry was completed.

11- 1944, the Colossus computer, both electronic and partially programmable, was introduced in the UK but not announced to the world until 1970.

12- 1944, Harvard Mark I, a programmable and electro-mechanical computer was completed in the USA.

13- 1945, ENIAC, the first programmable and electronic computer, was completed in the USA.

14- 1946, John von Neumann published his eponymous Neumann architecture.

15- 1947, the transistor was invented.

16- 1949, Assembly programming language was published.

17- 1951, Alan Turing published his article in Mind magazine, which is considered the beginning of the field of artificial intelligence, and introduced the concept of Turing Test.

18- 1957, Fortran programming language was published.

19- 1959, COBOL programming language was published.

20- 1964, Douglas Engelbart invented the computer mouse.

21- 1969, the ARPANET network, considered the ancestor of the Internet, was established.

22- 1972, Dennis Ritchie published the C programming language.

23- 1973, UNIX operating system prepared under the leadership of Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson was announced.

24- 1974, Altair 8800, the first personal computer, was introduced and put on sale.

25- 1975, Microsoft was founded.

26- 1976, Apple was founded.

27- 1989, Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW information sharing system that forms the infrastructure of the Internet.

28- 1995, JavaScript programming language was published.

29- 1998, Google was founded.

Development of Computer in Turkey :

The first computer in Turkey came to the General Directorate of Highways in 1960 in order to make the calculations required in road construction faster. The computer named IBM-650 Data Processing Machine was used for 12 years and was acquired exactly 15 years after the first computer ENIAC, which was electrically operated and had electronic data processing capacity, fitting into an area of 167 m² and weighing 30 tonnes.

The second computer came to Istanbul Technical University's Taşkışla building for academic use. This computer was IBM 1620. After İ.T.Ü, the Middle East Technical University acquired the computer. The fourth computer in Turkey came to the State Planning Organisation.

Bibliography :

Sincerely yours.

Nice topic

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.