SOCMINT And Its Importance

R4V3N

Adanmış Üye
3 Tem 2016
Kocaeli
Recently, people are spending most of their time on social medias. Social media platforms are used to share your thoughts, pictures, videos, etc. That's where intelligence plays an important role. SOCMINT stands for social media intelligence.

5NWVEq.png

What is SOCMINT?

As the number of users increased on social media, some propaganda and terrorist-related accounts started to emerge. Getting information from these accounts is called SOCMINT. Even the Türkhackteam counter terrorism club was implementing this type of intelligence.

5NWVEq.png

What's the Purpose of SOCMİNT?

I'll try to demonstrate it.
Let's image an account who does terror propaganda and you gonna make a contact with him. After some time (after you managed to deceive him), you gonna ask for personal informations such as phone number or something. And he tells it cuz let's face it you're awesome and he's deceived.

For Example:

04QNaA.jpg

Chat:
+ Hello.
- How are you?
+ Fine, and you?
+ My name is bla bla, what's yours?
- Mine's bbla bbla. Nice to meet you.
+ It's nice to meet you also.
- I think we should claim our right.
+ That's true, we don't have one.

As you can see, we tried to gain his trust.

20XhHv.jpg

Chat:
- Would you mind if we talk in Whatsapp?
+ Sure, here's my number: +123456789.
- Alright, i'll text you tomorrow.
+ Ok.

As the result of gainin his trust, we can take his number.

5NWVEq.png

What You Should Pay Attention in SOCMINT

Eloquence
Gathering info at the right time
Striking home
Account Layout

5NWVEq.png

Eloquence

Eloquence draws your victim's attention. It makes more efficient conversation passes between you. Eloquence ensures trust. With that trust, you can have the victim's informations.

For Example:

tAOrGn.jpg

Chat:
- You really have reverent and mannerly personality. Your parent must have educated you well.
+ Aw thank you. You're making me blush.
- No, seriously we owe your parent thanks. It's not easy to raise such a good person like you.

We're about to gain his trust by complimenting his parent.

Gathering info at the right time

After greeting each other a few times, don't ask for their information immediately. Proceed slowly. Otherwise, your victim will start saying "what are you gonna do with my phone number, you are trying to get my personal information?".

For Example:

rAteHD.jpg

Chat:
- Hello.
+ Hello.
- I have a request.
+ What's that?
- Could you give me your number?
+ You really think that i'll give you my number just because we greeted each other one or two times?
+ Why are you texting me anyway?
+ Just because gathering my info, right?

Can you see that what's wrong?
Because he didn't wait for the right time. I don't recommend you to blow up

Striking home

It's always very important move to striking home. This move makes it easier to get information from the victim.

For Example:

nsE2aE.jpg

Chat:
- I always have a interest in cooking.
- I love to cook.
+ You're kidding? I'm a chef.
+ I can help you cooking if you want.
- I'll ask for your help when i'm stuck at cooking if that's ok.
+ Sure, always.

Victim will trust you more because you find out his job.

Account layout

Everything seems fine but why account layout?
You're not thinking make a contact with your victim via your real account? You must have done that in fake account. And they need not to understand it's a fake account.

First:

rJfGz0.jpg

Second:

iJrdcL.jpg

Which one look more real?
Of course the second one. Because he's some photos, bio, following and followers.
You may trick them with the second one but the first one is impossible to believe.

Source: https://www.turkhackteam.org/sosyal-muhendislik/1901219-socmint-ve-onemi.html
Translator: R4V3N

Moderatör tarafında düzenlendi:
Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.